Job Description: Visitation Monitor
Position: Part Time – Visitation Monitor
Location: Forsyth County SAFFT Center
Organization/Program: Supporting Adopting Foster Families Together, Safe Havens Visitation Program
Summary: The Safe Haven program was established to fund communities to create a coordinated response to the issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and/or stalking in child custody cases. The Georgia Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (CJCC) is partnered with SAFFT, Forsyth County Family Haven, and No One Alone (NOA) to create a coordinated community response to domestic and dating violence in the child custody context. We offer supervised visitations and exchanges for victims of domestic violence or families experiencing high-conflict custody disputes.
- Provide a safe and supervised visitation session for children and families referred by partner agencies or the Juvenile or Superior courts by supervising visits at the SAFFT Family Life Center.
- Meet with victims of domestic violence before and after visitations
- Submit written summaries of the child/family interaction during visitation
- Attend any internal meetings, Court Hearings, or other partner meetings upon request.
- Provide administrative support to Program Manager upon request.
Minimum Requirements: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred in social work, criminal justice, or similar field) or at least 2-3 years of experience in relevant social work or domestic violence. Candidate must also have strong writing, documentation and organization skills as well as conflict resolution skills Past experience with case management, criminal justice, domestic violence, DFCS, CASA, education is a plus decision making skills and integrity. As well as a strong understanding of child development, parenting techniques, positive re-enforcement, conflict resolution and trauma informed care.
Direct Contact/Reports to: Program Manager
Hourly Rate: Competitive hourly rate
Hours: This is a part time position. Candidate must be willing to work cases Tuesday – Saturday and commit to a consistent schedule during our operating hours. There are no guarantee of hours with this position.
To apply, please send your résumé to Breanna Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org.