Give your time.
Volunteer at the SAFFT Family Life Center!
We would love to cater an opportunity specific to your desires, talents, and skills!
Volunteer hours vary based upon your availability! We have one-time opportunities as well as recurring opportunities. Additionally, we have some opportunities working directly with families and some that are helping us prepare to serve families! Depending upon the volunteer opportunity you choose, a background check may be required.
You can help impact the next generation by simply showing up and helping serve. We love those with a true servant’s heart.
If you or your group are interested in volunteering please call us.
Forsyth County Office: (770)-886-9505
Hall County Office: (678)-723-3890
Step 1: Get the details
What training are volunteers required to complete before starting?
Volunteers are asked to attend an orientation and training program specific to his/her volunteerduties. In addition, volunteers may be asked to participate in continued education provided bySAFFT as necessary to maintain competence. Volunteers will also become thoroughly familiar withthe policies and procedures set forth by SAFFT before starting.
Can anyone volunteer at SAFFT?
Depending on the area in which you volunteer, you may be asked to undergo one or all of thefollowing:-Criminal background check-Training course in First Aid/CPR, etc.Individuals with a criminal background may not be permitted to have direct contact with children orclients.Job or character references may be requested by the volunteer from the Volunteer Coordinator.
Can I choose which area I want to volunteer in?
SAFFT will work to give volunteers assignments that are compatible with his/her personal preference, temperament, life experience, education, employment background, and schedule availability. Although we cannot always guarantee your desired time slot or position you have requested, we will do our best to meet your requests based on our availability.
What restrictions are there for volunteers?
You are not allowed to enter into any agreement with third parties or assume any third party responsibilities on behalf of SAFFT.
Some of our volunteer opportunities are:
- Visitation Center Receptionist: Assist with answering phones, escorting children to their rooms,signing in clients, helping with supervision of visitation, cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Resource closet organizer: Sorts and hangs clothing, stocks shelves.Fundraising Event Volunteers: Helps coordinate and facilitate fundraising events.Fundraising Volunteer: Help work at and manage fundraising events.
- Group Facilitator: Facilitates a group at the Family Life Center teaching everyday skills and relationship-building skills; for example, writing resumes, dressing for job interviews, finance, parenting skills, etc.
- Conduct a drive: Conduct a donation drive to collect items such as toys, food, snacks, household items, cleaning items, new clothes, hygiene items, snack packs, garden supplies, office supplies,etc.
- One-time and recurring volunteer opportunities.
- Cleaning/sanitizing rooms and toysPacking duffel bagsTeaching/watching children during group parenting classes. Mentoring a parent.
- Facilitating activities/watching children during Parents Night Out
- General organizing.
- Setup and breakdown of holiday themes.
- Other opportunities that fit within your skillset
Step 2: Apply and choose an orientation date
Using the calendar below, select a day that you prefer to attend our volunteer orientation.
After selecting your date, you will receive a confirmation to the registered email to confirm your orientation date.
If you or your group are interested in volunteering and need assistance, please call us.
Forsyth County Office: (770) 886-9505
Hall County Office: (678) 723-3890